Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bible study at the Anglican church tonight. Always picks me up for a day, no matter how sour the wretched heart is feeling going in. Lightening up in minutes, carnal preoccupations are forgotten (or at least put on the backburner...)

Four of us plus the rector read St.Peter's first letter to the churches. There's the old fisherman strengthening the people in the face of their sufferings. Timely reading for a middle-aged failure in a success-worshipping culture! One day the fisherman's wisdom (with help from his brother Paul in 2 Cor chap12) brought sweet relief that overflowed into song.

CROWN of THORNS

My body's aching
My body's breaking down.
But that's O.K. --
"when I'm weak then I'm strong."

I am a loser
by the standards of this world.
Just a labourer and a cabby
working poor.

I wear a crown of thorns from this world,
sharing the sufferings of my LORD.
No longer fighting against the pain:
I will glory in Jesus name.
I will glory in Jesus name.

Don't need wealth or perfect health
Don't need to be a STAR.
GOD'S grace is enough!
it's enough wherever we are.

If His strength is made perfect in our weakness
I embrace my infirmity...
O' GOD, let the power of your SPIRIT rest on me!

I wear a crown of thorns from this world,
sharing the suffering of my LORD.
No longer fighting against the pain --
I will glory in Jesus name.
I will glory in Jesus name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home