Thursday, March 16, 2006

Powerful dream last night. The family of a guy I grew up with. Their (late) dad, a caucasian man, their mom (still with us), an aboriginal lady. The folks and kids all gathered together. Far as I know, their family was as atheist as mine growing up. Yet here they all were, praising GOD for His goodness and mercy. Dad was leading the discussion and the family took turns extolling and marvelling at the salvation which had come to them. I stood up and with tears of joy praised GOD for His mighty deliverance and power.

Cut to dress rehearsal for a concert. Various artists are preparing for the show. Then, one by one, the Foley family arrive. I'm laughing with delight because I know why they've come here: to sing gospel music! The former raunch n' rollers have come to sing GOD's glory!

Morning. Sunlight streaming in the window. I smile and chortle, praising GOD with a joyful heart. What a beautiful dream.

You've no doubt experienced the same kind of thing -- a dream so vivid and powerful you can't help thinking that there must be something to it.

The last time I had such a whopper was the early 1990's. It happened a couple years before I married my second wife. We had fornicated as youngsters but broke up and lost touch. Then out of the blue Trisha appeared in dreamland: very, very pregnant. 'It's your baby' she said. 'It can't be!' I replied, 'we haven't been together in years...' She didn't answer, just smiled and laughed.

The dream made such an impression that I wrote it down, then forgot about it till after we were married -- and had our first child. It became obvious that the dream was a picture of the future, sent by GOD.

The Bible is full of divine communication in dreams. Joseph the carpenter, Jesus Christ's stepdad, was gonna break it off with Mary when she got pregnant before the wedding. But 'an angel from the LORD came to him in a dream.' The angel told Joseph to go ahead with the wedding and also to name the child 'Yashua' (the LORD saves). Later he received specific messages in two other dreams (if you wanna check 'em out they're recorded in the gospel of Matthew, chapters one and two).

Unlike Joseph, I didn't get any specific instructions in my divine dream. It was just a very unusual, vivid and intense scene with some sort of special quality that moved me to make note of it. Only years later it was revealed as a prophetic picture of the future. But it has strengthened (and continues to bolster) my faith in GOD and I share it here hoping it'll be an encouragement to you too. Hey boys and girls: watch out for your dreams -- you might see your future destiny.

And the Foley family? One thing I know for sure, last night's dream wasn't my ordinary surreal cinemascope production. Like pregnant Trisha, I hope it's a picture of the future. And one Day when the circle is unbroken may every one of those dear Foley's be gathered together praising GOD in his kindgdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home