Sunday, March 12, 2006

Three nights of camera work. Aboriginal gospel musicians with a white Elvis impersonator in the mix. Good line from pseudo-elvis in his tight leather pants as he pulls the famous Jolson move down on one knee: (singing) "I hope these pants don't split..." Actually the real elvis did split his pants at a stadium show once, said he had to do the whole show without turning his back on the audience.

I approached the young impersonator backstage as he waited to go on, asked him if being elvis pays the rent. 'ya, it pays the phone bill.' Told him how a few years back somebody in Europe hired E's old Vegas show band to get together and do a concert with an impersonator. 'Man, that's sick!' scowled sideburns, 'some guys live the part, but I do elvis w. respect.' Then he hit the stage to do some bump and grind for the gospel folks.

I was very glad when the three nights were over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home